Over the last decade (in particular) have you ever been frustrated by some article or news report demonstrating the white supremacy, whiteness, white privilege and other forms of oppression in the world of sports and sports reporting? Have you ever wished there was some form of critical analysis or constructive conversation acknowledging the truth in the report, but also holding reporters and power structures accountable for their covert or overt examples of prejudice, bigotry and/or oppression?
This blog is an opportunity for folks to challenge reports and/or present a different perspective, critically analyzing and holding accountable the reports and reporters unwilling to consider issues of power, privilege and oppression before publication. These will be articles and perspectives from folks committed to examine issues of white supremacy, whiteness/white privilege, and other forms of oppression within the sports/sports reporting world. We are not saying we have all the answers. However, we are saying, look here for critical perspectives and critical analysis. Look here to listen, learn and take action against the overt and covert examples of isms, white supremacy/whiteness, privilege, and more. Let this be you place for enlightenment, engagement and enhancement of consciousness and accountability when it comes to sports and sports reporting. Thank you for your interest.
– Dr. Eddie Moore, Jr.
Kevin Durant Donates $1 Million for Oklahoma City Tornado Relief
- Stanley Cup Finals Racism Getting Little Attention | BlackAthlete on R*dskins Last Stand? Reflections on Racist Stereotypes in American Sport
- Toms For Cheap on R*dskins Last Stand? Reflections on Racist Stereotypes in American Sport
- Power Forward’s Roundup (April 16, 2013) | Power Forward on Passing The Ball: Race and Sports Conference, Apr 19-20
- MODI on Derrick Rose: What We Talk About When We Talk About Playing Hurt
- Laura Tan on Derrick Rose: What We Talk About When We Talk About Playing Hurt