STATE of MIND: Are we really still in this place? In this day and age?…
LOCATION: Certainly not reading one of the many football blogs I follow or writing my own…
The twitterverse and blogosphere exploded today after comments made by MLSsoccer.com writer and contributor to the Extra Time Radio podcast Simon Borg sparked a furious outcry by female and male football fans alike.
Here’s the direct quote from Monday’s ExtraTime Radio podcast:
As a female die-hard fan of football (and former player) and a life long lover of sports, this is not something I am unused to encountering. I’ve heard countless comments and exclamations of surprise that I, a mere woman would have any interest or understanding of the various sports that I profess to love. That outdated, archaic, misogynistic and offensive attitude is infuriating enough to take from strangers or casual acquaintances – usually I just laugh them off as the ignorant fools that they are. But none of those ignorant fools have ever suggested that my love of the beautiful game might in some way render me unattractive to the opposite sex.
HANDS UP, DON’T SHOOT!
Raiders' Maurice Jones Drew
She Throws Like A Girl
Mo'ne Davis Leads Taney into LL World Series w/ 3-hit Shutout
- Joe Carroll on Bernard King: The NBA’s Invisible Genius
- Warren Sapp Net Worth | Search Yours on Bankrupt: Warren Sapp Not Reported Like Bernie Kosar and Mark Brunell
- Steve on Bankrupt: Warren Sapp Not Reported Like Bernie Kosar and Mark Brunell
- Warren Sapp StatsClick Bank | Click Bank on Bankrupt: Warren Sapp Not Reported Like Bernie Kosar and Mark Brunell
- Warren Sapp StatsWillows Gallery | Willows Gallery on Bankrupt: Warren Sapp Not Reported Like Bernie Kosar and Mark Brunell