Sara Ganim, a 24 year old Penn State graduate, won the Pulitzer Prize for breaking the biggest scandal in NCAA sports history in March 2011. Ganim and the Patriot News staff have continued their tremendous coverage of the trial all week. Their daily recaps and many linked articles are below:
DAY 1 Recap by Sara Ganim:
Victim #4 tells of sexual abuse beginning in 1997 that began with wrestling in locker room showers and continued for years.
DAY 2 Recap by Sara Ganim:
Victim #1 who triggered investigation breaks down multiple times on stand; Caseworker who interviewed Sandusky tell what he admitted to her; and Mike McQueary testifies about what he saw Sandusky and boy in shower in 2001.
DAY 3 Recap by Sara Ganim:
Victim #10, a foster child, speaks of oral sex and threats by Sandusky; Victim #7 testifies as defense attorney makes first possible “headway” in case; Victim #5 gives “compelling” testimony about experience in sauna and shower; John McQueary corroborates son’s testimony; and janitor reveals testimony about Sandusky “licking” young boy.
Day 4 Recap by Charlie Thompson:
Three new victims take stand. Victim #6 talks of “bearhugs” in the shower in 1998; Victim #3 discusses prolonged abusive relationship during numerous sleepovers; and Victim #9 testifies to “most heinous” abuses of all victims.
For The Patriot-News complete coverage, go to Pennlive.
You Throw Like A Girl
- MODI on Oscar Pistorius to be Indicted for Possible Murder, ESPN Not Interested
- Dirty Davey on Oscar Pistorius to be Indicted for Possible Murder, ESPN Not Interested
- Oscar Pistorius – Remember him? | theespnwatch on Oscar Pistorius to be Indicted for Possible Murder, ESPN Not Interested
- Stanley Cup Finals Racism Getting Little Attention | BlackAthlete on R*dskins Last Stand? Reflections on Racist Stereotypes in American Sport
- Toms For Cheap on R*dskins Last Stand? Reflections on Racist Stereotypes in American Sport