Viking’s Chris Kluwe who helped defeat anti-gay amendment in Minnesota spoke out after yesterday’s election:
“I would like to thank every single person that helped defeat the same-sex marriage ban in Minnesota, as well as every person who contributed to passing marriage-equality legislation in Maryland and Maine and (likely) Washington.
Together, we made a statement that America is tired of division. America is tired of discrimination, of exclusion, and of unthinking oppression—the belief that people have to live their lives according to someone else’s views rather than their own free will.”
“There is work yet to be done, but we passed an important milestone today. Ten, 15, 20 years from now, when our children ask us, “What did you do when it came time to fight for someone else?,” we can tell them about Minnesota and Maryland and Maine, states where people finally said: Enough.
Enough with the hate. Enough with the bigotry. Enough with the discrimination. We are all Americans, and we are all in this together. Without each other, we have nothing.”
Read Kluwe’s whole statement at Slate:
- Election 2012: Chris Kluwe and Brandon Ayenbadejo Help Gay Marriage Win in Maryland and Minnesota
- Election 2012: Etan Thomas Helps Fight Voter Suppression
HANDS UP, DON’T SHOOT!
Raiders' Maurice Jones Drew
She Throws Like A Girl
Mo'ne Davis Leads Taney into LL World Series w/ 3-hit Shutout
- Gary Norris Gray BASN Staff Reporter on Mom and Daughter Beaten at Rams Game, Where’s the Outrage?
- Gary Norris Gray BASN Staff Reporter on Dr. Charlene Teters on Passing of Russell Means
- Joe Carroll on Bernard King: The NBA’s Invisible Genius
- Warren Sapp Net Worth | Search Yours on Bankrupt: Warren Sapp Not Reported Like Bernie Kosar and Mark Brunell
- Steve on Bankrupt: Warren Sapp Not Reported Like Bernie Kosar and Mark Brunell