Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim used his press conference for his milestone 900th career victory to address gun control and the NRA following the shooting massacre in Newton, Connecticut.
“If we cannot get the people who represent us to do something about firearms, we are a sad, sad society. If one person in this world, the NRA president, anybody, can tell me why we need assault weapons with 30 shots — this is our fault, my fault, your fault, your fault, all your faults… If we don’t go out there and do something about this. If we can’t get this thing done, I don’t know what kind of country we have. This is about us.This isn’t about the President or those other people down there. We have to make them understand somehow that this needs to get figured out. Real quick. Not six months from now.”
- LeBron, etc. | theespnwatch on Silence, Innocence, and Whiteness: The Undemonization of Kevin Love
- Evangeline on Disrespected: The 10 Values of Robinson Cano
- Brendon on Donald Sterling Racist Recording Fallout: The Only Way to Catch a Billionaire
- terry on Donald Sterling Racist Recording Fallout: The Only Way to Catch a Billionaire
- John Hillman on Donald Sterling Racist Recording Fallout: The Only Way to Catch a Billionaire