Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim used his press conference for his milestone 900th career victory to address gun control and the NRA following the shooting massacre in Newton, Connecticut.
“If we cannot get the people who represent us to do something about firearms, we are a sad, sad society. If one person in this world, the NRA president, anybody, can tell me why we need assault weapons with 30 shots — this is our fault, my fault, your fault, your fault, all your faults… If we don’t go out there and do something about this. If we can’t get this thing done, I don’t know what kind of country we have. This is about us.This isn’t about the President or those other people down there. We have to make them understand somehow that this needs to get figured out. Real quick. Not six months from now.”
GET WELL JIM KELLY!
You Throw Like A Girl
- Gary Norris Gray BASN Staff Reporter on Dr. Charlene Teters on Passing of Russell Means
- soilandstar on Divisive but not Defensible: An Open Letter to Ross Tucker about the DC Team Name
- Alan on The Hockey Warrior Myth vs. The Ignored Story of POW Conn Smythe
- Deadspin’s The Big Book of Black Quarterbacks | theespnwatch on Of Gun Slingers, Padding Stats and Black Quarterbacks
- Jorge Rivas on Tim Hardaway on Jason Collins: “Everybody’s Got to Accept Him for Who He Is”