What’s going on y’all? All is well for the most part here in France. It’s been cold and rainy but my spirits are high despite the weather. Basketball-wise we are still struggling as a team. Everyone is growing weary of our coaches decisions and over working us but we are a tight group and are staying together. We can’t win our conference now but we are 1-0 in French cup play. This is separate tournament where you play against different teams around the country for one champion. If we win next month we move on.
I have noticed people being amazed in my ability to speak French. It has improved drastically, and I feel good about learning another language. I caught a man talking mess about me being a privileged American. Very fitting for this blog. I called him out on it in French and said he smelled like a wet dog. He looked at me in shock and apologized. The look on his face to hear me give him a ear full in French….priceless. My girlfriend is in Spain for business. She works for a jewelry company called Nazari Pau. Google it. Great pieces for gifts. She returns to France tomorrow.
Musically my Mixtape continues to get a lot of downloads and my single. Forces is now getting spins on the radio out here which is great. Until next time. Au Revoir.
Michael K. (Mrmikeknight.com)
- Ball So Hard: An American in France
- Ball So Hard 2: Thanksgiving in Paris
- Ball So Hard 3: Frustration in France
- Ball So Hard 4: Inspiration from France
GET WELL JIM KELLY!
You Throw Like A Girl
- soilandstar on Divisive but not Defensible: An Open Letter to Ross Tucker about the DC Team Name
- Alan on The Hockey Warrior Myth vs. The Ignored Story of POW Conn Smythe
- Deadspin’s The Big Book of Black Quarterbacks | theespnwatch on Of Gun Slingers, Padding Stats and Black Quarterbacks
- Jorge Rivas on Tim Hardaway on Jason Collins: “Everybody’s Got to Accept Him for Who He Is”
- MODI on Oscar Pistorius to be Indicted for Possible Murder, ESPN Not Interested