POPSspot Sports Radio (tonite @ 7pm EST) explores the disturbing case of Joquan Wallace. Brenda Cherry’s Change.org petition has already received over 100,000 signatures, but felony charges have yet to be dropped for Joquan, a student and accomplished athlete at Paris High School in Texas. Wallace received permission from his [...]
POPSspot Sports Radio (Mon. April 7@7pm EST) will be discussing Northwestern players’ fight to unionize, Desean Jackson’s release by the Eagles, Richard Sherman’s significance, and the upcoming Race and Sports Conference with special guest Drew Brown. Brown is an African American Studies Ph.D. Student and a Race and Sports [...]
POPSspot Sports Radio (Mon. March 31@7pm EST) is celebrating Baseball’s Opening Day with Dr. Lisa Doris Alexander, an Associate Professor of Africana Studies and author of the book When Baseball Isn’t White, Straight and Male: The Media and Difference in the National Pastime.
Her work analyzes issues of [...]
Meet your new Washington Pigskins — the name that Washington City Paper will use in the future to refer to the team led by RG3 in DC. The choice of “Pigskins” as new name came this month as a result of a contest the City Paper held with its readers. In taking this stand, [...]
Since it’s inception in 1999, the founder, Dr. Eddie Moore Jr., has persisted beyond misperceptions of the White Privilege Conference’s (WPC) name to present a transformational experience based on three tenets: understanding, respecting and connecting. The WPC has become a venue for fostering difficult and critical dialogues around white supremacy, white privilege, diversity, multicultural education [...]
GET WELL JIM KELLY!
You Throw Like A Girl
- soilandstar on Divisive but not Defensible: An Open Letter to Ross Tucker about the DC Team Name
- Alan on The Hockey Warrior Myth vs. The Ignored Story of POW Conn Smythe
- Deadspin’s The Big Book of Black Quarterbacks | theespnwatch on Of Gun Slingers, Padding Stats and Black Quarterbacks
- Jorge Rivas on Tim Hardaway on Jason Collins: “Everybody’s Got to Accept Him for Who He Is”
- MODI on Oscar Pistorius to be Indicted for Possible Murder, ESPN Not Interested